Sep 5 2013
Trailer For ROBOCOP Remake Makes You Wish There Wasn’t a Trailer For ROBOCOP Remake
I’m the first person to admit that a trailer is rarely indicative of a film. Lots of bad movies have had great trailers and vice versa. So while I’m not going to decry Jose Padhilha’s RoboCop remake as shit before seeing it, this trailer for Jose Padhilha’s RoboCop remake is shit. This opens February 7th and I can’t make it because I’ll be sick or something. Some questions based on the trailer:
- Why is Alex Murphy ghosted at home instead of in the line of duty?
- A car bomb?
- Why is RoboCop not RoboCop but instead just a burn victim in a super suit?
- Wouldn’t it make more sense to put a non-legless burn victim in a super suit?
- Why does Kinnaman’s face look unharmed even though we saw him blown to shit?
- Wasn’t Murphy’s disfigured face integral to the character’s own struggle against his dehuminazation?
- Does Sam Jackson ever refuse a role?
- Why isn’t Michael Keaton offered more roles?
- Would you like a roll?
- No, seriously, they’re delicious. Why won’t you enjoy one of my rolls?
Source: Coming Soon